D113 Board Releases Video Explaining April Referendum
The District 113 Board of Education explains the need for an $89 million referendum, to be on the April 9 ballot.
To make improvements at Highland Park and Deerfield high schools, the District 113 Board of Education will have an $89 million referendum on the April 9 consolidated election ballot.
- $47.8 million in infrastructure work at DHS and HPHS (mechanical, plumbing, fire protection, electrical, lighting, technology, security, windows, ADA).
- $26.1 million for repurposing the 100 year old B building at HPHS and reconstructing the 100 year old C and C Annex buildings at HPHS.
- $19.6 million for new pools at DHS and HPHS.
- $21.2 million for new multi-purpose gyms at DHS and HPHS.
- $3.8 million for renovation of the library and media center at DHS.
- $1.9 million for security enhancements at DHS and HPHS and ADA adaption of PE at DHS.
The district has committed $25 million from its current budgets to help finance these projects in addition to the $89 million referendum.