I am writing this letter in support of Annette Lidawer’s re-election to the District 113 School Board. I have had the pleasure of knowing Annette over these past years through her work in the community.
Having seen her desire to grapple with the pension issue, I am particularly interested in her continuing to serve. Our State legislature is in dire need of local elected officials who will work with us to tackle this problem. I say this as a leading advocate for pension reform in the Illinois legislature.
Specifically, Annette has served as an active advocate for the schools. She has:
· Introduced cutting edge technologies to the school environment
· Implemented standardized teacher review
· Helped design the new Core Curriculum to comply with government requirements
· Toured neighboring districts to examine classroom structure and teaching methodology
· Reviewed security needs to create a safer learning environment
· Assessed long term facilities needs through the 1914 Buildings Committee and site visits to other high schools
· Acted as Board liaison to HPHS and DHS PTOs
Annette's education, career choices, previous service to District 113 and on New York City's Community School Board 22, as well as the number of committees she volunteers on show her dedication and commitment. I believe we need Annette to continue on District 113’s School Board.
I urge you to take the time to go out and vote for Annette Lidawer!
State Representative. 57th District