Summer Concert Series Starts Wednesday
Six performances are scheduled through July 25 at Starbucks Plaza.
A series of six weekly outdoor summer concerts starts at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Starbucks Plaza in downtown Deerfield with a performance by the Deerfield Concert Band, according to Village Music Store President Bob Gand.
Under the direction of Art Hildebrand, planned highlights from the program include a mix of show tunes, music from the movies and television as well as marches. Numbers from Star Wars and Carousel will be featured, according to a release from the Village Music Store.
The program for the rest of the series includes the following variety of ensembles:
- June 20, Not for Profit, a Deerfield adult rock band
- June 27, Blue Road, a rock band featuring Joan Gand and Gary Gand
- July 11, Red, White and Brass, a patriotic brass band
- July 18, Bob Gand Smooth Jazz with the Village Music Store staff band
- July 25, Big Band Sound of Deerfield conducted by Bob Gand
The series is sponsored by the Village Music Store, Starbucks and the Deerfield Village Center.