- Grab the kids, dress up the pooch and head to the Chicago Botanic Garden on Saturday from 11am – 1pm for the Spooky Pooch Parade. In addition to the parade, activities include a costume contest for dogs and owners, pet related vendors and demonstrations. Celebrate Halloween pooch style by lining up the parade route early for a barking good time.
- The Great Lakes Naval Museum will be conducting a free tour of the Naval Station Great Lakes Cemetery on Saturday from 1pm – 5pm. The tour involves walking and standing, and will last one to one-and-a-half hours and starts at the Great Lakes Naval Museum. Included in the tour is a visit to the gravesite of Joseph Wallace Gregg, the first recruit to graduate from Naval Station Great Lakes in 1911.
- Come out for an evening of arts, music, theatre, film and dance at the Waukegan ArtWauk. The ArtWauk will take place this Saturday from 5-10 pm in downtown Waukegan. Bring a friend or spouse and take a stroll down Genesee St. and visit the art galleries, grab a bite to eat, listen to the music and enjoy the live entertainment.
- The Annual City of Highwood Pumpkin Fest is in full swing as they try to break last year’s Guinness World Record of 30,919 pumpkins carved. This festival includes a Pumpkin parade, 5K and 10K Pumpkin Run, Giant Pumpkin Land Regatta, Pet costume contest and the Guinness World Record Grand Lighting of the walls.
- Experience a day of fun for all ages at the 7th Annual Barn Burner Bar-B-Que at Lambs Farm tonight from 5pm – 10pm and Saturday 11am – 5pm. The smoky food festival features the Chili Challenge Cook-off, demonstrations, live music and more. Attendees can even judge the chili competition.
A weekend full of family fun adventure can be found on VisitLakeCounty.org.