With the season for New Year’s resolutions upon everyone in Deerfield, Mayor Harriet Rosenthal took time with Patch late last year to share some of her goals for the Village in this new year.
At the top of her list is progress for the retail developments along the Lake Cook Road corridor. She also wants the community to remain safe, fiscally sound and continue to be a good place for family living.
Here is a list of the mayor’s New Year’s resolutions for Deerfield:
1. Keep Deerbrook and Cadwell Corners moving forward;
2. Continue to work with the Deerfield Police Department to put the Village in the best possible public safety position;
3. Continue to work to keep alcohol and drugs away from our kids;
4. Continue the sound fiscal footing that has enabled Deerfield to maintain its Aaa rating in the bond market and keep our portion of the real estate tax bill as low as possible for our residents; and
5. Maintain Deerfield as the wonderful place it is to live, work and raise families.
What are your wishes for Deerfield in 2013? Let us know in the comments.