Fall into Organics is embracing wellness as a healthy life style.
Being conscience about our environment, what we eat, how we stay fit, our choice of embracing spa wellness services and products improving our mind body and spirit, and being a model of preventative care to our friends and families. This is a beginning to developing a personal healthy and alternative wellness life style.
It begins at home then incorporates fitness, spa and life choices thus reducing stress, improving our health, beauty and knowing we are in control of our inner strength.
12 Top Disease Causing Personal Care Ingredients
1. Antibacterial (s) Overuse of antibacterial (s) can prevent them from effectively
fighting disease-causing germs like E. coli and Salmonella enterica. Triclosan, widely used in soaps, toothpastes and deodorants, has been detected in breast milk, and one recent study found that it interferes with testosterone activity in cells. Numerous studies have found that washing with regular soap and warm water is just as effective at killing germs.
2. Coal Tar Coal tar is a known human carcinogen used as an active ingredient in dandruff shampoos and anti-itch creams. Coal-tar-based dyes such as FD&C Blue 1, used in
toothpastes, and FD&C Green 3, used in mouthwash, have been found to be carcinogenic in animal studies when injected under skin.
3. Diethanolamine (DEA)DEA is a possible hormone disruptor, has shown limited evidence of carcinogenicity and depletes the body of choline needed for fetal brain development. DEA can also show up as a contaminant in products containing related chemicals, such as cocamide DEA.
4. 1,4-Dioxane 1,4-Dioxane is a known animal carcinogen and a possible human carcinogen that can appear as a contaminant in products containing sodium laureth sulfate and
ingredients that include the terms "PEG," "-xynol," "ceteareth," "oleth" and most other ethoxylated "eth" ingredients. The FDA monitors products for the contaminant but has not yet recommended an exposure limit. Manufacturers can remove dioxane through a
process called vacuum stripping, but a small amount usually remains. A 2007 survey by the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics found that most children's bath products contain 10 parts per million or less, but an earlier 2001 survey by the FDA found levels in excess of 85 parts per million.
5. Formaldehyde Formaldehyde has a long list of adverse health effects, including immune-system toxicity, respiratory irritation and cancer in humans. Yet it still turns up in baby bath soap, nail polish, eyelash adhesive and hair dyes as a contaminant or break-down product of diazolidinyl urea, imidazolidinyl urea and quaternium compounds.
6. Fragrance The catchall term "fragrance" may mask phthalates, which act as
endocrine disruptors and may cause obesity and reproductive and developmental harm. Avoid phthalates by selecting essential-oil fragrances instead.
7. Lead and Mercury Neurotoxic lead may appear in products as a naturally occurring contaminant of hydrated silica, one of the ingredients in toothpaste, and lead acetate is found in some brands of men's hair dye. Brain-damaging mercury, found in the preservative thimerosol, is used in some mascaras.
8. Nanoparticles Tiny nanoparticles, which may penetrate the skin and damage brain cells, are appearing in an
increasing number of cosmetics and sunscreens. Most
problematic are zinc oxide and titanium dioxide nanoparticles, used in sunscreens to make them transparent. When possible, look for sunscreens containing particles of these ingredients larger than 100 nanometers. You'll most likely
need to call companies to confirm sizes, but a few manufacturers have started advertising their lack of nanoparticle-sized ingredients on labels. For a more complete discussion, see Screen Test: Reading the Micro-Fine Print.
9. Parabens(methyl-, ethyl-, propyl-, butyl-, isobutyl-)
Parabens, which have weak estrogenic effects, are common preservatives that appear in a wide array of toiletries. A study found that butyl paraben damaged sperm formation in the testes of mice, and a relative, sodium methylparaben, is banned in cosmetics by the E.U. Parabens break down in the body into phydroxybenzoic acid, which has estrogenic activity in human breast-cancer cell cultures.
10. Petroleum Distillates Possible human carcinogens, petroleum distillates are prohibited or restricted for use in cosmetics in the E.U. but are found in several
U.S. brands of mascara, foot-odor powder and other products. Look out for the terms "petroleum" or "liquid paraffin."
11. P-Phenylenediamine Commonly found in hair dyes, this chemical can damage the nervous system, cause lung irritation and cause severe allergic reactions. It's also listed as 1,4-Benzenediamine; pPhenyldiamine and 4-Phenylenediamine.
12. HydroquinoneFound in skin lighteners and facial moisturizers, hydroquinone is neurotoxic and allergenic, and there's limited evidence that it may cause cancer in
lab animals. It may also appear as an impurity not listed
Certified organic Lavender: relaxing, astringent and beautiful are the physical properties…Mind Body Spirit properties include- cleansing, balancing, strengthening, calming and refreshing
Certified organic Sweet Orange: soothing, regenerative, stimulating and improves circulation are the physical properties … Mind Body Spirit properties include-relaxing, stimulating, balancing, sensual and warming
Certified organic Palmarosa: rejuvenating, anti-aging and purifying are the physical properties… Mind Body Spirit properties include- joy, romance, beauty and spirit renewal
Certified organic Lemongrass: antiseptic, strengthening and heals are the physical properties … Mind Body Spirit properties include- cleansing, refreshing, spirit lifting and joy
Certified organic Rosemary: antiseptic, purifying, healing and cleansing, are the physical properties … Mind Body Spirit properties include- relieving and balancing and strengthening inner beauty
Certified organic Ginger: antiseptic properties that are excellent for infection, warms with high yang energy and regulates moisture…Mind Body Spirit properties include relaxing with temperature control and improves body energy
Certified organic Eucalyptus: antiseptic, cleansing, diuretic, wound healing and fever reducer…Mind Body Spirit include: balancing, increase of concentration and stress release
Certified organic Jasmine: renewing and rejuvenating while boosting hydration are the physical properties… Mind Body Spirit properties include: beauty, elegance, calming and inspiration
Wild Crafted Fir Needle: regulates breathing and helps healing, muscle ache relief are the physical properties… Mind Body Spirit properties include: calmness, balance and earthy aroma.
Wild Crafted organic Penny Royal: purifier and soft mint warming are the physical properties… Mind Body Spirit properties include: calming, regenerative to health and delightful stimulating aroma