Salt is essential for life – you cannot live without it. However, most people simply don’t realize that there are differences between the standard, refined table and cooking salt most people are accustomed to using and natural salt. If you want your body to function properly, you need holistic salt, complete with all-natural elements. Table salt is actually 97.5 sodium chloride and 2.5 percent chemicals. Dried at more than 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit, the excessive heat alters the natural chemical structure of the salt. Himalayan salt is more than 250 million years old. Containing all of 84 elements found in your body, the benefits of natural Himalayan salt include:
- Regulating the water content throughout your body
- Promoting a healthy pH balance in your cells, particularly your brain cells.
- Promoting blood sugar health and helping to reduce the signs of aging.
- Assisting the generation of hydroelectric energy cells in your body.
- Absorption of food particles through your intestinal tract.
- Supporting respiratory health.
- Promoting sinus health.
- Prevention of muscle cramps.
- Promoting bone strength.
- Regulating your sleep (it normally promotes sleep).
- Supporting your libido.
- Promoting vascular health.
- In conjunction with water, it is essential for the regulation of your blood pressure. The typical table and cooking salt in your grocery store has been “Chemically cleaned.” What remains after being chemically cleaned is sodium chloride – an unnatural chemical form of salt that your body recognizes as something completely foreign. For every gram of sodium chloride your body cannot get rid of, your body uses 23 times the amount of cell water to neutralize the salt. Eating common salt causes excess fluid in your body, which can contribute to:
- Unsightly cellulite
- Arthritis and gout.
- Kidney and gall bladder stones. In addition, your table salt very often contains potentially dangerous preservatives. Aluminum is a light alloy that deposits into your brain – potential cause of Alzheimer’s disease.
Himalayan salt has a unique structure, which means your cells can readily absorb the 84 trace minerals. Many people believe sea salt is a healthy alternative to table salt, but it is no longer the case. The oceans are being used as dumping grounds for toxic poisons such as mercury, PCBs and dioxin. Even oil spills are polluting our ocean. When life began on Earth, the soils were rich in minerals. Now, after years of weathering, farming, cropping and grazing, most of the minerals have been removed washed back to the ocean. So it’s up to us to add the 84 trace minerals back into our diets. Himalayan salt comes in many forms: deodorant stones, tooth powders, salt lamps, skin care and drinking therapy. All these items are available at Non Toxic Chic, 126 S. Central Ave., Marshfield.
Contributed by Sherry Early, owner of Non Toxic Chic
By Sherry Early
For YOU magazine
P.S. At Renu Day Spa we use Himalayan salt when we treat people free 15 min foot soaks before massages and other healing offerings. Also, Himalayan salt is used for foot soak with organic pedicures. We use Himalayan and Dead Sea salt in massage rooms to clear sinus paths, and throughout the spa to change the ozone layer of the air.
You can purchase Himalayan salt in 3 pounds bags for your own Jacuzzi. We suggest one pound of salt per one time if you really want to feel the benefits of it on your muscles, joints, and improvement of your minerals intake as well.