Licensed professionals are offering services during a FREE clinic in Grayslake.
Doors open at 6 a.m. Saturday, June 9 at the Lake County Fairgrounds, 1060 E Peterson Road, Grayslake. The clinic is designed to provide services in an easy format. There are no appointments necessary, no pre-registration required and no eligibility requirements.
People will be seen on a first come, first served basis.
Free services include:
- DENTAL: Cleanings, fillings, extractions, limited partials
- VISION: Eye exam; glasses made on-site, as time and supplies permit
- MEDICAL: General medical consults, blood sugar/diabetes screenings, women's health, blood pressure screenings
The program is hosted by the Illinois State Dental Society Foundation and CURE Network. They are prepared to see 1,000 patients per day, providing an estimated $1,000,000 in free dental, vision, and medical services. Both children and adults will be treated. Clinic doors will remain open until the clinic fills to capacity for the day.
NOTES FOR PROSPECTIVE PATIENTS:
- Not all dental services will be available. Emphasis will be on basic dental care - fillings, extractions and cleanings.
- No false teeth (dentures) will be made.
- Patients with serious health problems may not be able to be receive dental treatment (for example, extremely high blood pressure, high blood sugar levels, severe disabilities).
- If a medical issue is discovered during the initial screening process, the patient will be further evaluated.
- Patients may not receive all dental, medical, and vision care that is needed; the most critical issues receive priority treatment.
Recommended items for patients to bring to the Mission of Mercy program:
- List of current medications and a one day supply
- Baby supplies for a full day (diapers, formula, etc.)
- Eyeglasses (if you plan to visit the vision clinic)
- Something to help you pass the time such as reading material, knitting, crossword puzzles, etc.
- Water and snacks
- Submitted by the Illinois State Dental Society.